Simple Cupcakes, to make about 12
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Cupcake cases
- 12 hole cake tin
- Weighing scales
- Whisk/fork to lightly whisk the eggs
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g butter/margerine
- 2 eggs (or eggs that weight 115g!) – whisked lightly in a seperate bowl
- 115g self-raising flour
- Beat the sugar and butter/margerine together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the whisked eggs, continuing to beat at a medium speed
- Careful not to over beat as the mixture can start to curdle and look a bit like scrambled eggs. Don’t worry if this happens, once you add the flour you should be ok.
- Sift over the flour and fold in gently with a metal spoon. Be careful not to mix as you want as much air in the mixture as possible. Lift and fold.
- The mixture should be a light colour and smooth. Once ready, transfer to a baking tin and bake for about 10-15minutes. They are ready when you can insert a knife/skewer and it comes out clean.
- When ready, leave to cool slightly in the tin and then remove onto a wire rack to cool.You don’t want to start decorating with butter icing when they’re still warm …..