I bought myself a little book from Amazon at the weekend, which has lots of lovely little recipes that you can make into presents. I thought that was a brilliant idea and it shows that you’ve actually put loads of effort and thought into what you’re making for your loved one.
I saw a recipe for pesto – yum! – so I thought it would be a nice and easy place to start.
The book I bought is great, it’s called “Gifts from the Kitchen” by Annie Rigg.
Sooo, I made a start on my pesto! To make 2 small jars:
- 75g Basil leaves
- 2-3 fat cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 75g pine nuts
- 250ml fruity olive oil*
- 75g finely grated Pecorino cheese**
- Salt and Pepper to season
* I used regular extra virgin olive oil (no idea what “fruity” means?!)
** I used standard Parmesan
- Jars to store the finished product
- Put the basil, garlic and pine nuts into the food processor and blend until they are roughly chopped.
- Add almost all the olive oil and blend again until finely chopped and well combined
- Remove from the blender into a bowl and mix in your cheese (Pecorino or Parmesan)
- Add salt and pepper to taste!